RING THE BELL,
THREE TIMES WELL,
IT’S TOLL TO CLEARLY SAY,
MY TREATMENTS DONE,
THIS COURSE IS RUN,
AND I AM ON MY WAY!
-U.S. NAVY REAR ADMIRAL IRVE LE MOYNE

The first part of his treatment is done…Charlie’s Chemo is over… it was such a memorable moment, when he walked out of the room with David, and, arm in arm with his nurse, was led to the bell; all the staff was there to greet him and wish him well on his way. You see, there is a bell at the exit door that all chemo patients when they complete their treatment, ‘ring out’ loud and strong and recite the saying above. The tradition was established by Navy admiral Le Moyne who was a cancer patient and installed the bell as a reminder there is hope; It was a most precious, touching moment to watch him ring out with all his nurses and techs there to watch…

11 Responses to Ring The Bell, Three times Well, It’s Toll To Clearly Say……..

1. Anne Spencer says:

Best of luck Charlie. At the Tom Baker Cancer Clinic in Calgary, they give you an “over your rainbow” pin when you are 4 years cancer free. It was very emotional when I got my pin and I wish I had thought to video the moment. However, watching yours brought it all back and I know how lucky I am. Thanks for sharing.

2. danny joseph says:

I think waking up this morning and watching this made a lot of things worthwhile.

3. kelly says:

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

4. Richie Crowell says:

Good Luck & God Bless Charlie. At our age every day is special & you’re living at the fullest!
    Plus, you’ve got a great woman like Val looking after you.
    Cheers to both of you….

5. Angie Guy says:

Oh my goodness…what joy! You had me in tears. We are soooo happy for you, and look forward to seeing you real soon.

6. Pat Bridgewater says:

Hallelujah!!! Through happy tears I’m sending you hugs of joy and congratulations!

7. Jack Babineau says:

Nice going Charlie: One bell rung and only one more to ring and hopefully you will be ringing out the miles on route 66 in may.

8. Peter Henry says:

It is the day the bells rang thrice
    I found it sounded really nice
    With smiling faces. my eyes they teared
    As I said my goodbyes while everyone cheered

So onward I go to a future more bright
    From the darkness I came….into the light
    What comes next in this life full of tricks,
    I know for sure…..it’s route sixty-six!!

Way to go bro!!

9. Dave Lavers says:

All the best Charlie!

10. Karen Peavy says:

My husband had cancer in 2002. We made ore trek out to Houston;s MD Anderson Cancer Clinic. We spent four months there, and I am so happy to say that my husband is still with me! I am very blessed! The day my husband finished his treatment, he asked me to go with him as he “Rang the bell” . He rang once and then twice, and on the third toll, he asked me to ring it…I cried…knowing this was his way of telling me we traveled the journey together…Being a caregiver is a tough job, and he knew that even through all he had to endure. I love the poem, it is very special to us!